So you’re broke, payday isn’t until next Friday, tired of sitting at home and it seems like your girlfriend’s going to have a disappointing week because you’re not going to be able to do anything. Guys, this is your time to shine. If you’ve got $20, you’re all set. Now, get in the car, pick up your lady and check out one of these fine locations:
- Public park: If there’s anything we know about parks, it’s fun to walk around and take in the scenery, relax and talk, basically a fantastic place to have a date. And the best part? It’s free.
- Window shopping: If your lady enjoys checking out shoes and jewelry, take her window shopping. This too is free and if you’re seriously considering it, window shopping in the right place can help offer cues that will aid you in future decisions should you two decide to take your relationship to a further level.
- Candy store: You might think that this would be a huge strike-out, but don’t knock it before you try it. Candy stores have a huge selection of candies of all types and chances are, your gal-pal’s going to find something that she likes, plus this is a great opening for a trip to the park. You might even get points for creativity!
- Ice cream: You scream, I scream, we all scream… well, you get the point. Ice cream parlors are always a hit.
- Bowling: Some women don’t like bowling, some even go as far as to call it a “cheap date” — however, bowling is a great way to let off some steam, get to know each other better, feel out each others’ interests and have a fun time together. “Have you ever been bowling?” is a good place to start. She’ll tell you the rest.
- Public pool: Unless you live in a city where there are no public parks, public pools are always a great way to cool off and get closer by playing a few water games, going into the deep end and let’s face it, if it’s a dog-day summer, tempers flare in the heat. Admission typically runs for under $7 per person, so cool it off a bit.
This list is not all-inclusive and if you know of some places in your town, definitely consider those places as well. The good news is this: Even if you’re flat broke, there are almost an infinite number of things that you and your gal-pal can do. The bad news? She might not ever want to do dinner and a movie again.